Monday, February 2, 2009

The Hitcthiker's Guide to the Galaxy or Zimbabwe?

Below is from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, (or Zimbabwe I'm not sure)



-Consultant: If we could move on to the subject of fiscal policy... Read More

-Ford: Fiscal Policy!.... Fiscal Policy!?-Consultant: Fiscal Policy, that is what I said.

-Ford: How can you have money if none of you actually produces anything? It doesn't grow on trees you know.

-Consultant: If you would allow me to continue……Thank you. Since we decided a few weeks ago to adopt the leaf as legal tender, we have; of course, all become immensely rich…..but we have also run into a small inflation problem on account of the high level of leaf availability, which means that, I gather, the current going rate has something like three deciduous forests buying one ship's peanut…….So, in order to obviate the problem and effectively revalue the leaf, we are about to embark on a massive defoliation campaign, and…..er, burn down all the forests. I think you'll all agree that's a sensible move under the circumstances.

-Ford: You're all mad


[Although this is more monetary policy as opposed to fisccal policy]

Thanks to my student Meghan for forwarding me the scene.
Bookmark and Share



No comments: