Friday, September 10, 2010

Loyalty in the Information Age

"Loyalty is what we call it when someone refuses a momentarily better option." from Seth Godin

I like this quote as it applies to brand loyalty. There are very few brands I'm loyal too. In fact I can't think of any right now. One thing is with low cost items I can try a new one out if it's cheap. For high cost items the internet makes searching for reviews easy. In the information age, I wonder if loyalty is falling since people can research other options.

One type business I try to be loyal to is a local coffee shop. Loyalty should seem to increase for service oriented transactions that occur regularly. A renovated store front around the corner looks like it might be a coffee shop, will I stay loyal to the other one? I'm not sure.
Bookmark and Share

No comments: