Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Demand For Sports Tickets

On Friday I went to a Wizards (NBA) game with my old PhD advisor. The Wizards are terrible this year with their star player out with an injury. So I had heard tickets were easy to come by and could be purchased below face value from ticket resellers on the street.

When I got downtown though, the area around the arena was buzzing. It turns out I wasn't the only one in town who wanted to go a game, but our President also wanted to see his home team the Chicago Bulls.

I don't know what it says about the Wizards that I still paid less than 60% of face value for the ticket with Obama in the audience.

Besides Presidents, many things can impact the demand for tickets. Team quality, opponent quality, the economy, even fireworks and the weather can impact the demand for tickets.





Bookmark and Share

No comments: