Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Job Advice $2

Students often ask me for advice about getting a job in international development. I sometimes have an idea or two, but I have never had a full time job besides RA or professor so perhaps I'm not the best resource.

Now I have a new place to point my students! Blood and Milk, an excellent development blog, run by a person with lots of non-academic experience working in development is starting a job advice newsletter.

Even better she is charging for it! It's only $2 to subscribe, but my guess is that she'll provide more valuable content at $2 per subscriber than she would for free. She sounds like she is getting tired of answering the same questions for free, so she might not answer any more job seekers questions without pay.

For the time being I'm still willing to answer blog readers questions for free, but you get what you pay for.

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Britt said...

WHAT is your name?

WHAT is your quest?

WHAT is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?